Paul O’Grady’s radio show has the world exclusive first play of the new Doris Day song “Heaven Tonight”July 1, 2011 7 Comments
On Sunday, 3 June 2011, British fans are in for an absolute treat as they will be given the first listen to one of the all-new songs from Doris Day’s upcoming album “MY HEART”.
Sony Music UK will release that day to British radio the catchy pop tune “Heaven Tonight” which is written by Beach Boys’ legend Bruce Johnston.
The previously unreleased recording will receive its first play on BBC Radio 2 during Paul O’Grady’s popular Sunday show which begins at 5pm (UK time). For those who do not know, O’Grady is one of Britain’s best loved comedians and television presenters. He is also known to be a big admirer of Ms. Day so it seems entirely appropriate that he is bestowed with the honour of launching her new album.
We understand “MY HEART” features new production work by the acclaimed multi-platinum selling producer Ted Carfrae who is best known for his work with American pop stars David Cassidy and Engelbert Humperdinck as well as British singer Jane McDonald.
Label: Sony Music UK
Release Date: 5 September 2011
Order the CD from amazon.co.uk
- Hurry, It’s Lovely Up Here (Written by Alan Jay Lerner & Burton Lane) +
- Daydream (Written by John Sebastian) +
- Way I Dreamed It (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
- Heaven Tonight (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
- My One & Only Love (Written by Robert Mellin & Guy Wood)
- My Heart (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
- You Are So Beautiful (Written by Billy Preston & Bruce Fisher) +
- Life Is Just A Bowl of Cherries (Written by Ray Henderson & Les Brown)
- Disney Girls (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
- My Buddy (Written by Walter Donaldson & Gus Kahn)
- Happy Endings (Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
[Sung by Terry with introduction by Doris Day]
- Ohio (Betty Comden, Adolph Green & Leonard Bernstein)
+ Previously Unreleased SongNews