Doris Day’s best-selling album “My Heart” receives a US release on December 2, 2011 (featuring an exclusive bonus track!)November 10, 2011 6 Comments
We are thrilled to reveal that on Friday, 2 December 2011, Doris Day will finally release her latest album “My Heart” in her home country of the USA.
In September 2011, the album was notably a ‘Top 10′ chart hit in the United Kingdom but until now has only been available to her American fans on import.
The new US release is courtesy of the GRAMMY award winning star’s own label Arwin Productions and will be distributed stateside by the Californian based City Hall Records.
We understand Ms. Day is treating her American fans to the bonus track “Stewball” which she has selected as an exclusive for the American edition of her album. The traditional folk ballad about a race horse is a charming duet with her late son Terry Melcher which very appropriately expresses Doris’ never-ending love of animals. This song is another previously unreleased track, that originates from the recording sessions Doris undertook with her son during the mid-1980s.
“My Heart” is available now to pre-order from amazon.com on CD format. It will also be released in due course on digital download via iTunes USA.
All proceeds from the American release of the album will go to Ms. Day’s animal welfare organisation, the Doris Day Animal Foundation (DDAF).
We will be revealing shortly the US press schedule as well as launching a new competition to win copies of the album. Please stop back here in the next few days!
MY HEART (US Edition)
Label: Arwin Productions USA
Order the CD from amazon.com
- Hurry, It’s Lovely Up Here (Written by Alan Jay Lerner & Burton Lane) +
- Daydream (Written by John Sebastian) +
- Way I Dreamed It (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
- Heaven Tonight (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
- My One & Only Love (Written by Robert Mellin & Guy Wood)
- My Heart (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
- You Are So Beautiful (Written by Billy Preston & Bruce Fisher) +
- Life Is Just A Bowl of Cherries (Written by Ray Henderson & Les Brown)
- Disney Girls (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
- Stewball (Traditional Song – Arranged by Terry Melcher) ~
- My Buddy (Written by Walter Donaldson & Gus Kahn)
- Happy Endings (Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
[Sung by Terry with introduction by Doris Day]
- Ohio (Betty Comden, Adolph Green & Leonard Bernstein)
+ Previously Unreleased Song
~ Previously Unreleased Song – Exclusive track for the US Edition Only