Strong national publicity planned for the US release of Doris Day’s album “My Heart” (updated 28 November!)November 23, 2011 3 Comments
We understand Doris Day is currently doing a select amount of press to promote the release of her new US album “My Heart“.
American fans can look forward to some great exposures which should start appearing the week of thanksgiving and the week following (just prior to the release of the new album). As any Day devotee will know it’s rare for the star to do press so we think it’s truly wonderful that she’s so passionate about her latest album!
Below is a list of some of the publicity planned (this is subject to change). Do check back regularly to this page for updates on broadcast/print dates.
LA Times, NY Times and Parade Interview
Radio: NPR (26 November)
Broadcast: Good Morning America (2 December) and CNN
Online: Hollywood Reporter, Reuters, The Associated Press, Yahoo! and AOL
- Hurry, It’s Lovely Up Here (Written by Alan Jay Lerner & Burton Lane) +
- Daydream (Written by John Sebastian) +
- Way I Dreamed It (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
- Heaven Tonight (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
- My One & Only Love (Written by Robert Mellin & Guy Wood)
- My Heart (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
- You Are So Beautiful (Written by Billy Preston & Bruce Fisher) +
- Life Is Just A Bowl of Cherries (Written by Ray Henderson & Les Brown)
- Disney Girls (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
- Stewball (Traditional Folk Song) + [BONUS TRACK on the USA EDITION]
[Duet: Doris Day with Terry Melcher]
- My Buddy (Written by Walter Donaldson & Gus Kahn)
- Happy Endings (Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
[Sung by Terry with introduction by Doris Day]
- Ohio (Betty Comden, Adolph Green & Leonard Bernstein)
+ Previously Unreleased SongTags: CNN, Doris Day, Ellen Degeneres, Good Morning America, LA Times, My Heart, NY Times, Parade Interview, People, PublicityNews