January 14, 2012 8 Comments

Hollywood showbiz icon Doris Day –  received last night the Los Angeles Film Critics Association’s ‘Career Achievement Award’ – now she also has another distinction to her name, that of being the oldest living person to ever reach the ‘Top 150’ on the American Billboard Music Chart.

At 87 years old, Ms. Day has now officially surpassed George Burns and her dear friend crooner Tony Bennett following the December 2011 release of her US album, “My Heart.” Both performers held the honor at 84 and 85 years of age, respectively.

The 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association awards took place last night at the InterContinental Hotel in Los Angeles. Although Ms. Day did not attend the ceremony in person the association took great pleasure in formally announcing that she had won their 2011 Career Achievement Award. The tribute was announced in front of an audience of other legendary Hollywood guests.

“I want to thank the Los Angeles Film Critics Association for this wonderful award. I am so grateful and amazed that my work is still remembered. I loved making films and never thought of it as work. I once told my Mom that I would do it for nothing and she said, ‘Doris, I wouldn’t tell anyone that.’ But I never thought about the money, only about how much I loved performing. Thanks again. Love, Doris.” – Statement issued  prior to the awards ceremony

MY HEART
USA Edition – Order from amazon.com
European Release – Order from amazon.co.ukamazon.de

1. Hurry, It’s Lovely Up Here (Written by Alan Jay Lerner & Burton Lane) +
  2. Daydream (Written by John Sebastian) +
  3. Way I Dreamed It (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
  4. Heaven Tonight (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
  5. My One & Only Love (Written by Robert Mellin & Guy Wood)
  6. My Heart (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
  7. You Are So Beautiful (Written by Billy Preston & Bruce Fisher) +
  8. Life Is Just A Bowl of Cherries (Written by Ray Henderson & Les Brown)
  9. Disney Girls (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
  10. Stewball (Traditional Folk Song) + [BONUS TRACK on the USA EDITION]
    [Duet: Doris Day with Terry Melcher]
  11. My Buddy (Written by Walter Donaldson & Gus Kahn)
  12. Happy Endings (Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
    [Sung by Terry with introduction by Doris Day]
  13. Ohio (Betty Comden, Adolph Green & Leonard Bernstein)

+ Previously Unreleased Song

Tags: , , , , , , News
8 Comments to “Doris Day officially declared as the oldest living artist to reach America’s Billboard ‘Top 150’ Music Chart (with her album “My Heart”)”
  1. Glynda Bennett says:

Love you, Doris, with all my heart.

CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU for making our lives *brighter*.

Sincerely,
    glynda bennett
    xx

2. Mary Knoll says:

You have always been my idol Doris and you continue to inspire and amaze me. Thank you for giving us so much joy in listening to your beautiful voice and blessing us with your lovely smile. Congratulations and may you continue to rack up the awards.

Your loving fan,
    Mary Knoll xoxoxoxox

3. Kristi king says:

It is an honor to portray you in my “Doris Day Tribute Que Sera”. I love you madly Ms. day. You are always in “My Heart”

4. Sue Lilley says:

I love you Doris!! I have watched your movies over and over again. And this may sound silly, but when I saw your movie,either it was Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley, where you sang that song ” Secret Love” Maybe I have a ” senior moment ” I was in high school, anyway I was taking a shower and I was singing that song! You are an inspiration to many. And I am so happy. You will always be in my heart.

5. Faye Sheffield says:

Congrats to a beautiful lady with a beautiful voice. You have so many fans
    who love you. I am one of them.

6. DJ. Nicholl says:

Great CD, brings back lots of good memories, makes you feel great , Song “Happy Endings” gets 12 stars

7. Judy Kassens says:

What a relaxing album for the times we live in..Love it..Congrats to a great star

8. carol says:

Congratulations, you deserve all the awards you’ ve got and many more.love all your music and films,you are a lovely lady,thanks for all the happiness you have brought into this world.hope life is treating you kind.

much loved fan forever. Caol

New expanded 3CD edition of Doris Day’s bossa-nova album ‘Latin for Lovers’

The top British independent album re-issuer Cherry Red Records has licensed Doris Day’s timeless ‘Latin for...

2019 Doris Day Calendar launched today!

Here it is folks the 2019 Doris Day Calendar! This our 11th calendar features yet more...

Five original Doris Day albums from the 1950s arrive in new Sony Music CD set!

Sony Music in Germany has just released this fabulous Doris Day CD set containing five of...