April 6, 2014 23 Comments

Doris-Day-today-in-April-2014

Doris Day surprised her fans who had gathered in Carmel-by-the-Sea for a weekend of fun filled activities celebrating her 90th birthday with a smile and a wave from her balcony.

Doris’s official birthday party was held at the Quail Lodge and Golf Club as part of a special travel package sponsored by the The Cypress Inn and the Doris Day Animal Foundation – this included accommodation at her pet-friendly Cypress Inn, a pet fashion show, an auction, personal memorabilia from Day’s own collection, and surprise guests including Doris Day herself.

The photo above is a photo exclusive from People magazine of Doris Day at 90!

Links featuring new photographs:

celebrity.yahoo.com

www.dailymail.co.uk (More Photos)

www.dailymail.co.uk

www.people.com

www.examiner.com

Tags: , , , News
23 Comments to “Doris Day makes rare public appearance on her milestone 90th birthday – see the photos & articles”
  1. Beautiful as always. A world-wide treasure.

2. M.H. says:

Just beautiful!!! Love her!!

3. darlene fire says:

love HER !!!

4. Alexis Pappas says:

Doris Day was always my favorite singer/actress ever! I admired her as a little girl and still do to this day! She is wonderful to be an advocate for dogs and cats and all animals! Love You, Pretty Woman!!!

5. Ann Brooks says:

Happy Birthday to a wonderful woman who has gave me many hours of laughs.

6. June Monk-Watts says:

How lovely to see a new photo of Doris.She is looking just lovely!Look at that fabulous smile!

7. Vicky Zelenka says:

Still gorgeous with that wonderful smile. She is America’s National Treasure.

8. Linda says:

Doris Day, thank you for sharing your birthday with all of the people who love you. Especially us older one that grow up watching your movies, listening to your songs. I hope that I will be as beautiful as you if I get to live to be 90. Thank you for your love animals and for being their voice. I’m the same way. May God be with you!

9. Lynnette says:

Happy Birthday Beauty!

10. Meryl M Ledbrooke says:

Looks like Doris had a wonderful birthday and was so happy and radiant. This lady has such a huge following, and has made a huge contribution to the world of music and cinema as well as being a leading light and voice for all the animals.
    I think she is without doubt the best female singer I have ever heard. Happy Birthday Doris! 🙂

11. Lorrie bettenhausen says:

So glad you came out for your birthday. I’ve loved you since I was a kid. I saw all the movies on TCM, though I took a couple of naps! Hope you had a great day, you looked fantastic!!

12. mary long says:

What a wonderful lady. Her films are so entertaining and reflect her bubbling
    personality. God bless her.

13. Lorrie bettenhausen says:

Hope you had a great birthday. I’ve been a fan since I can remember. I watched all the movies on TCM, though I had a few naps. I help animals too, but mostly cats. It was like you started the idea of helping strays. You’re a great and classy lady and all the best to you.

14. candy malaspina says:

She’s still just as beautiful today! Her smile lights up the room!! Love her!

15. Debbie Whitlaw says:

I have loved Doris Day since I was 12-13. She looks fabulous – one of the truly inspiring ICONS.

16. sheilah ballard says:

She looks great!She has a beautiful heart and soul thats why even at 90 shes still beautiful!

17. amy francis says:

always a forever fan, Doris looks maaahhvelous

18. Vicki Riolo says:

I simply love this lady and will always treasure Doris Day, not only for her talent, but for her big heart in helping animals. I so regret not being at her party to meet and thank her for all the memories!!

19. beverley says:

to a lovely lady happy birthday, here,s to many more. I,m a big fan love your films, and your lovely self. xx

20. michael rose says:

come on give this classy lady that long long overdue honary oscar shes way above others that have recieved it

21. Claren Alexander says:

Loved all of your work over these past many years. Also have been a member of DDAL since the beginning and love you even more for your tireless and unending love and support for beloved animals! Wish you peace, joy, love and of course a little adventure on your continuing journey!!

22. Marti Bodenheimer says:

You are one classy lady. I have loved you from the 1st time I saw you on screen or heard you sing. God Bless You and I hope you had a wonderful fun filled birthday.

23. J. Chase Calon says:

You are a classic, You can sing dance, and act in any kind of part. I’ve enjoyed your music for years and will continue to do so.

2018 Doris Day calendar raises over $4000US for Doris’s beloved Animal Charity!

Our 2018 Doris Day wall calendar is now sold out. This was our 11th calendar project...

Doris Day’s 96th Birthday Fundraiser Event

Tickets are going fast for Doris Day’s 96th Birthday fundraiser event in Carmel (CA) which takes...

Doris Day Animal Foundation launch their 2017-edition Christmas tree ornament!

Doris Day Animal Foundation (DDAF) have just launched their 2017 Christmas tree ornament which features a...