April 7, 2014 14 Comments

Left: Doris Day looking fabulous at 90 (© 2014 Jim Pierson) / Right: Photo of Doris during the 1960s

Doris Day’s official 90th birthday celebrations on April 3rd were absolutely spectacular and made more magical when Doris herself arrived with entourage to attend the full evening of events!

Loyal fans and dearest friends were in for a treat as they got to spend a fun packed night of entertainment with the Hollywood icon who looked fabulous at 90 dressed for comfort in her white turtle-neck under a beige waistcoat, white trousers, and brown sandals with her hair styled in her trademark bob.

From what we understand, the very special night started with a 45 minute video reel which producer Jim Pierson (the man behind many of Doris’ recent DVD and CD releases) compiled of Doris Day’s career highlights followed by a song tribute by American jazz singer Sue Raney and Peter Marshall. This was followed by a new Doris Day Animal Foundation promo film narrated by Doris and Turner Classic Movies host Robert Osborne, a DDAF live auction with Peter and actress Jackie Joseph officiating. The highlight of the evening was when Doris  Day did a meet and greet with everyone individually to close out the night.

Best of all the goal to raise over $90,000 (USD) for Doris’ beloved Animal Foundation over the past 90 days was exceeded which has made darling Doris very, very happy indeed!

Click here if you would like to make a donation to the Doris Day Animal Foundation.

April 3rd, 2014 Photograph of  Doris Day © 2014 Jim Pierson

Tags: , , News
14 Comments to “Doris Day looking fabulous at 90 as she joined fans and friends for an evening of Birthday celebrations!”
  1. Bobbie Underwood says:

This lady is and still is my favorite female actress. She was so beautiful and refreshing on the big screen. I would like to be just like her. I am almost 66 and I would give anything if I could have just met her once in our younger years. She was a wonderful person. Wish there were like her.

2. Juanita Goddard says:

Doris was my hero. I always loved her music, TV sitcoms and movies. She brightened the lives of many generations.

Happy Birthday Doris, you have influenced hundreds of thousands of people over the years and continue to.

You look fabulous (I wish I could say it like Billy Crystal).

3. Cathy McLeod says:

SOOO glad to see you out and having a GREAT time on your special birthday….YOU LOOK MAHVELOUS!!!

4. LOVED YOU AND ALL THR WONDERFUL SHOWS.

5. valerie shaw says:

love you! you are great keep up the good work you are doing

6. Daniel James says:

Dear Doris,
    I am sorry that I was unable to attend your birthday party. I wish many more. I enjoy your songs and movies so much. Thank you so very much for your contributions to the world with song and dance. May GOD bless you and keep you safe.

Love,
    Daniel James

7. Daniel James says:

p.s. You are looking fabulous as ever. It must be from the song in your heart, That keeps you looking so young.

Love
    Daniel

8. Colleen Lambrecht says:

Happy 90th Birthday to a Beautiful Lady inside and out, but tonight your Beauty is shining through. I miss you and your movies so much. Wishing you many more Happy and Healthy years to come, you will always have a special place in my heart.

9. Alita Arnold says:

Doris,

You are as beautiful as ever. Same smile, same laugh (that I love)and your love for animals- my calling too. Just a privilege to have grown-up with you as my mentor over the years.
    Again Happy, Happy Days pretty Lady!!!

Love you M -ore, Alita

10. Yvette Fernandez says:

Wish I could have been there. Mom and I love Doris!

11. christopher says:

I was there and had a wonderful time.
    Doris was wonderful and she was so lovely to me .
    I love you Doris xx

12. carl says:

How very wonderful–really a treasure, only heard her voice once, would know it anywhere. Listen to her on cd often when I am driving, today for a fact. Purchased her recent epanded version of her movie songs. Her movies, her songs, her love for animals and just Doris makes for a better “Day”. Love her. Thanks for sharing.

13. carl says:

Hey, when I said I only heard her voice once, I meant on the video, I have all her movies, her music, her television show and on and on. Just wish there was more. Thanks.

14. Polly Edwards says:

Glad you liked the video – I took it!

Five original Doris Day albums from the 1950s arrive in new Sony Music CD set!

Sony Music in Germany has just released this fabulous Doris Day CD set containing five of...

2018 Doris Day calendar raises over $4000US for Doris’s beloved Animal Charity!

Our 2018 Doris Day wall calendar is now sold out. This was our 11th calendar project...

Doris Day’s 96th Birthday Fundraiser Event

Tickets are going fast for Doris Day’s 96th Birthday fundraiser event in Carmel (CA) which takes...