Doris Day’s 1950s musical delight ‘Love Me Or Leave Me’ débuts on Blu-ray!October 26, 2016 No Comments
Doris Day’s 1955 musical movie ‘Love Me or Leave Me’ co-starring James Cagney has been meticulously restored by Warner Archive for this new Blu-ray release – order it now from Amazon: http://amzn.to/2fftHya
The film directed by Charles Vidor was shot in Cinemascope; it chronicles the rise of 1920s jazz singer Ruth Etting and her stormy backstage life. Day who plays Etting gives in our opinion her best-ever vocal and screen performances whilst Cagney sends shivers down your spine as Chicago racketeer Martin ‘The Gimp’ Snyder.
Warner Archive have done a stellar job at restoring this delight – this Blu-ray is a must for any fan of darling Doris!
– Vintage short subjects
– Salute to the Theaters (aka 1955 Motion Picture Celebration-MGM promotional short, includes behind-the-scenes filming of Love Me or Leave Me)
– Roseland (1930 Vitaphone short starring Ruth Etting)
– A Modern Cinderella (1932 Vitaphone short starring Ruth Etting)
– Original Theatrical Trailer
– Optional English SDH subtitles
Tags: Blu-ray, Doris Day, James Cagney, Love Me or Leave Me, Warner Home VideoNew Releases, News